Effective Procedures to Convert Offline Folder Files to Outlook PST
Here in this blog post we talk about the professional and manual methods. We try the best approaches for the conversion of Offline folder files to Outlook PST.
Two Easy Procedures to Convert Offline Folder Files to Outlook PST
As we all know, Outlook is Microsoft’s incredibly popular email client. Outlook offline files are saved as OST files, or you can say, exchange mailboxes are saved in the form of an OST file. We use Outlook in offline mode, and the changes we make in offline mode are later updated on the exchange server. Sometimes, there may be situations that arise where you face the issue of OST file corruption and unavailability. If your computer were the subject of a power outage at any time, then it could lead to corruption of OST data and, of course, this would pose a serious problem for your Outlook email account. But the exchange server is unaffected by the crashes. So we can restore the OST files and restore the user’s mailboxes, even convert Offline folder files to Outlook. Try MVP’s verified OST to PST converter.
Some Points that help users in Converting an OST File to a PST File
- Few of the Exchange mailboxes are getting rid of servers.
- You may backup a few exchange mailboxes.
- Many users are unable to rebuild their OST files because they have some unsaved data.
- Due to server crashes and exchange corruption, users are unable to access EDB files, and they require it on an urgent basis.
Here we are going to talk about the various methods of conversion. There are numerous ways to convert an OST file to a PST file and the user can log in with the exact same exchange credentials. Let’s go with the native procedure to convert Offline folder files to Outlook:
- Export your mailbox into PST format.
- Archive of OST emails
- Convert OST to PST using the tool method.
Method 1: Export the mailbox into PST Format.
Firstly, log into Outlook with the same exchange account. To export the Offline folder files to Outlook, follow the following steps below:
- Click on the file option to open it, then go to export and select the Import & Export option.
- Click on export to a file, and hit next.
- Now choose the second option-Outlook Data File (.pst)-and click on next.
- Then Choose the folder from the dialog box that you want to export and click on Next.
- Now the time has come to browse the desired location where you need to save the exported PST file and choose the option below from the dialog box regarding the duplicate item.
Note: A user can choose the password for the new PST file, or you can skip this step and move ahead.
Method 2: Go for Archiving the OST File into PST
It makes the task very easy when the user enables the auto-archive method in Outlook. This can automatically copy the desired emails from the OST file to the PST file. The archiving method gives you a size-manageable option for the OST file. It’s easy to move old messages from the mailbox to the archive folder when the mailbox gets bigger. You can choose them from the message list and move them to the archive folder right away. To make Outlook automatically archive your emails, follow the steps below.
- Firstly, open Microsoft Outlook and click on File and choose Options.
- Choose the Advanced option and tap on Auto Archive Settings.
- Now choose and finish the requirements of the given dialog box. and hit “OK.”
Tool Method to Convert OST to PST
Systools OST to PST converter tools are very efficient and convert OST files to PST for free. There is a free trial version of this OST to PST converter tool. It has a very simple GUI, so anyone can use it easily. Using this software, you are able to convert your 25 items for free, and for full conversion, you need to buy the licensed version. You are supposed to buy the license because it provides you with some advanced features versus the trial version. It can convert single, multiple, multi-folder, and encrypted Offline folder files to Outlook.
Let’s Look into the Steps of its Workings.
- Firstly, download the OST to PST converter from the given link in this blog. Install it and launch it on your PC.
- Secondly, Browse your OST file from the location where you saved it.
- Thirdly, you can see the preview of the browsed OST mailbox in the software and click on export.
- Most importantly, select the PST file format and select your desired destination on the PC.
Users can go for the manual method, which has lots of limitations and make sure to take a backup of the file before using the manual method for the conversion process. Using third-party software is the best and simplest method to fix Outlook OST issues and convert OST files to Outlook PST.
Last but not least,
So on the whole blog, we described the working of both manual and professional methods to convert or export OST files to PST files. with the archiving OST files and option of import/export option in outlook, you can easily convert OST to PST file. The tool version this perfect and effective to use in every situation.