Kasol Kheerganga Trek – Complete Guide
Kasol Kheerganga Trek is one of the most famous treks in the Parvati Valley of Himachal Pradesh, India. The trek is popular because of its trail which takes you to the source of the river that flows through the town. There is a hidden Emerald lake in the grasslands from which the river Beas emerges and lush green grasslands flourish below the summits of three biggest mountains. The trek is also known for its scenic views, fantastic beauty and hot springs.
|Location||Kasol, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Duration||2 days and 1 night|
Here is a complete guide to Kasol Kheerganga Trek:
- Ideal time to visit Kasol Kheerganga Trek: The preferred time to visit the trek is in months of March to June and September to November. During this period of time, the weather is quite pleasant. During monsoon season it is recommended to avoid visiting because the trail of the trek becomes quite slippery.
- Transportation to reach Kasol:
- Nearest airport is Kullu Manali airport, which lies around 31 kilometers away. From the airport, you can hire a cab or access bus to reach Kasol.
- If you are traveling from Delhi, then you can have direct bus access to Kasol from Kashmere gate ISBT. The journey takes around 12 to 14 hours.
- Route of the trek: The route of the trek begins from Kasol which is a small town in Himachal Pradesh, which is well linked by road from Delhi and Chandigarh. From Kasol, the trek starts towards Barshaini, which is also the base camp of the Kheerganga Trek. The trek to Kheerganga is around 12 kilometers which takes almost 5 to 6 hours to complete.
check our best car rental service in india must read : car rental in delhi
- Difficulty level of the trek: The Kheerganga trek is considered as an easy to moderate trek. The route of the trail is well marked and defined. On the way, you will find many cafes and stops to rest.
- Accommodations: There are many options for accommodation on the Kasol Kheerganga Trek. You can opt to stay in tents or guesthouses at the base camp in Barshaini or at the top of Kheerganga. There are also many options for cafes and restaurants along the way where you can take a break and can relax.
- Food and drinks: There are a lot of options to have scrumptious food during the trek. There are a number of cafes and restaurants to enjoy food. You will find most of the vegetarian food and the cuisine is a mix of Indian and Western.
- Permits or permissions or fee: There is no need for any permits or fee to trek to Kasol Kheerganga. However, it is recommended to check with the local people before beginning your trek.
- Things to carry and remember on the trek:
- Carry lightweight backpack with essentials only.
- Carry warmer clothes.
- Carry an umbrella and a raincoat for unexpected rains.
- Wear comfortable and sporty trekking shoes.
- Carry a water bottle to stay hydrated during the trek.
- Carry dry snacks such as dry fruits or energy bars to stay energized.
- Sunscreen, moisturizer and chapstick.
- Wear a cap during the day trail.
- Carry a route map or compass if not traveling with a guide.
- Carry a powerbank to keep your cell phone charged.
- Carry more cash because ATMs in the region are limited.
- First aid kit with basic medical necessities such as bandaids, altitude sickness tablets etc.
- It is important to listen and follow the instructions given by the instructor carefully.
- Respect the environment and do not litter on the trek.
- Respect the local authorities and their local culture and tradition.
Suggested read also car rental in chennai
- Pocket friendly trek: The Kasol Kheerganga trek is one of the most budget friendly treks in Himachal Pradesh, India. It costs around 2500 INR per person.
In conclusion, the Kasol Kheerganga Trek is a must visit destination for people who love nature and adventure enthusiasts. The trek is ideal for beginners and for experienced as well. The trek offers stunning views of the Himalayan ranges and a chance to learn about tradition and culture of locals of the place. With proper planning and preparation, this trek can be a memorable experience that you will cherish for a lifetime.